If the time has come for you to replace your car, van or truck’s headlight bulbs then it’s time for you to consider upgrading from your standard halogen bulbs to better and brighter LED car bulbs. Here we’re going to take a look at exactly why you should do that.
Firstly, what are LED bulbs, why are they superior to your existing headlights and what can they do for you? People choose LED over filament bulbs for various reasons: some like the wider range of colours, some want to become more energy efficient and save engine running costs, others want to increase their visibility and road safety and some just want their car to look cooler than everybody else’s!
Whatever your reason customizing your headlights by switching over to LED makes sense, but first, here’s the techie bit:
LED lights aren’t so different to standard light bulbs; the main difference is that they don’t contain a filament. An LED bulb produces light by using the electricity’s movement along its semiconductor. This in turn creates electromagnetic radiation - some of which takes the form of visible light.
What this really means for you is that if you upgrade your headlight bulbs to LED lights you’ll be doing the following:
· Making your car more energy efficient thereby saving you money.
· Increasing your safety. The fast on/off response time of cars LED lights mean that from the very moment you switch on your headlights you’ll be able to see and be seen
· Upping your visibility. LED bulbs are not quite as bright as ones that use a filament but they do have a more vivid, intense colour which means you’ll see the road ahead more clearly as well as being more obviously visible to other road users
· Customizing your car: LED lights have a cleaner looking beam to the old standard yellowy white bulbs and to put it plainly, are way more eye-catching
· Adding value to your vehicle. Not only will your car look cooler but if you’re trying to sell it, it’s a real feature that enables you to increase your selling price as well as making your car stand out amongst the competition
And the good news is that if your car headlights need replacing, you can upgrade to LED without spending a fortune. There’s a huge range of companies specializing in car lighting on the web and a quick look around will show you just how many choices are out there. All you need to do is find a company you like the look of, make sure the lights fit your make and model of car, click purchase and before you know it, you’ll be the proud owner of a more visible, energy efficient, safer and better looking vehicle!